Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Dear Lyla and Lottie, we really haven’t had that much snow this year (hooray!) so we had to take advantage of this wonderful snow day.  The snow wasn’t wet enough for making a snowman, but it was perfect for playing in.  I was slightly dreading getting the both of you all bundled because I figured we spend maybe 20 mins and then get bored of it.  Oh contraire!  You both LOVED it, and we played out there for over an hour.  It was a beautiful day.  Charlotte doesn’t have snow pants, so I made her sit on a trash bag.  LOL.  If nothing else, motherhood has improved my problem solving skills.  LOL  Charlotte, it was so fun watching you take in this new environment for the first time.  You seemed completely in awe at all that white stuff that surrounded you.  Lyla, you are my outside baby.  You loved running around, throwing the snow, and making snow angels.  Towards the end, I remembered a tip I saw on Pinterest (I know I know) that suggested putting colored water in a spray bottle so you can dye the snow.  That was so intriguing to you!  Surprisingly, you just wanted to watch me spray the snow but you still got a kick out of it.  It was a fun day. 

140

141

142

143

144

145

146

147

148

149

150

151

No comments:

Post a Comment