Saturday, January 21, 2012

Stick Ornaments

Dear Lyla, on this day we made something for the Christmas Tree!  Ornaments made of popsicle sticks!  They turned out mighty fine!  I found all sorts of variations of this idea, but figured our favorite would involve glitter so here’s what we came up with!  You are such a girly gal.  You love Glittering things.  I let you made a zillion of these because you were enjoying it so.  You painted the sticks with glue by your self, and then covered them with “lue” (glue).  After these were all dried, I hot glued them into the shape of a staff and brought them to you to look.  I kept saying “look what you did!!”  and your face turned from puzzlement (these don’t look like how I left them!) to complete pride (I DID do it didn’t I?).  You kept saying “I did it!”.  LOL  Yes you did sweet babe.  I had you hang as many as you could on the tree (such pride!!) and then decorated gifts with the remainders.

p.s.  I love that I caught Lottie in one of these pics to remind me what she did while you are busy creating.  Most of the time she naps (a lot less lately :/) so our other strategy is food!  We let her sit in the highchair close by so she feels included and feed her so she is distracted from wanting to destroy! 

136137138152153

No comments:

Post a Comment