Saturday, January 21, 2012

Learning Day(s): Creative SNOW!

Dear Lyla, this wonderful website suggested using Epsom salt for fun wintery/Christmas creations.  Brilliant I thought!  However, it took me forever to find it.  15 people in Walmart had no clue, Ace didn’t have it, and Amazon was a little pricey.  Would you believe one day I was tolling around The Dollar Store and there it was?!?!  Dad could NOT understand why I was so excited.  LOL I bought like 10 cartons and we went right to work creating things.  You loved the feel of it and called it “no!” (snow) and “pretty”.  Here’s some things you did:

-One day we dyed the salt Christmas Colors and used them in a sensory bin and clear cups for pouring fun (green lips=you tired to eat it=salty!)

IMG_0168IMG_0169IMG_0170IMG_0171IMG_0172IMG_0173IMG_0174IMG_0175IMG_0176IMG_0177IMG_0178IMG_0179IMG_0180

 

 

-One day we used them with glue to cover a wooden frame (one you opened as your 25 Days of Christmas)

IMG_0217

-One day we used it to cover Jumbo Sticks for more Ornaments (yes, I threw some away..SORRY!!!)

IMG_0207IMG_0208IMG_0209IMG_0210

And one day towards Christmas (my favorite), we dyed them, added Lavender Scented Oil to them, and you poured them into glass jars to give to your friends as gifts!

IMG_0226IMG_0227

IMG_0228

I thought they turned out so cute!  I made a little button to go over the lid that said “ Bath Salts hand dyed by Lyla”.  You got to deliver them to all of your friends.  Oh, such proudness, to hand them over knowing you made them yourself.  I think your pouring was quite spectacular as well.  I didn’t have a funnel so we made one with paper and it wasn’t very great but you didn’t spill at all.  Good work babe!  You learned something that I hope you remember for life…with your mind, you can make anything to give to people and to make them happy and show them your love.  Money isn’t everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment