Friday, June 1, 2012

Little Maestro

I had to play in church for Easter.  I guess that was the start of Lyla’s interest in the “biolin”.  I didn’t get much practicing in because she wanted to play.  She’d beg me to let her bow.  Once day she asked if we could buy her a baby violin.  We actually looked into it only to find that a quarter size is the same price as a a full size!  When you’re really ready to play we’ll rent to own one.  In the meantime, I made you your first violin, just like the one my teacher, Mrs. Penny made me.  It’s a fruit loop box wrapped up with a ruler attached to it.  We got to unwrap and eat the box when we advanced to a real violin. So we did the same for you.  You loved this little violin and carried it around.  One day when I was at work you pulled out the ensign (which has music in it) and set it up on my stand turned to the right page, pulled your camp chair over, and started playing on your violin.  Dad told me all about it.  It made me so proud.  You still love carrying around your “music notes” (any sheet music) but couldn’t resist destroying your little biolin. 

426425424

No comments:

Post a Comment