Friday, June 1, 2012

California

We made the trip to California for the second time in Lottie’s life and third time in Lyla’s.  My cousin Cameron was getting married so we decided to make a little trip out of it.  We stayed one night in Las Vegas and had a WONDERFUL time doing the Vegas thing.  You two both LOVED the Dolphin Habitat at Mandalay Bay.  Lyla, you’re so smart because when we were observing the dolphins in the outside aquarium you were so timid because they got right up close to us (close enough to touch)..but when we went downstairs to the lower aquarium you weren’t timid at all and got so excited to see them.  You know what safe and what’s not!  LOL.  You said “dolphin” and got so excited.  Lottie, you were more excited by the giant cement stairs leading to the pools.  LOL.  We also saw Tigers, a Leopard, and a Lion.  Lyla, you LOVED watching them.  You also said they were hungry and wanted to feed them your Cheetos.  LOL.  So we left a few outside their cages.  You’re such a sweetie.  Lottie, you would point to them and SQUAK at them  It was so cute to watch you get so excited by them.  We also hit up the M&M Factory.  Lyla you loved all that chocolate!  We let you and Lottie fill two bags and I have to say they are better than the store bought ones!  You and I also went to the 3-D movie which was so cute.  You were enthralled by it and I think a little freaked out by it!

We drove straight from Vegas to Newport beach which was a new drive for all of us.  I was shocked at how beautiful, green and lush it was!  Much different than the California I’m used to.  You guys did so good on the drive, I was really quite surprised.  We got there early to enjoy Newport Beach.  That whole evening we kept telling you Lyla that we were going to the beach and you would get so excited and say “I wanna go to the beach!”  we kept telling you “we will in a little bit”.  Sometimes the greatest intentions….it took longer to check into our beautiful room…we had to stop at Target to get some shoes for Lottie….dinner took longer than expected (Cheesecake Factory yum)…so the sun was quickly setting as I RACED like a crazy person to the beach so that we could live up to our promise.  We pulled in just as the sun was setting.  I had dad run you out to the sand because Lottie fell asleep.  I so wanted you to have your beach experience like we promised.  Would you believe right as he walked you out you said “I don’t like the beach!” and then freaked out!!  Me oh my child.  I think the darkness and the sound of the waves scared you.  I felt so bad.  We fixed it with trip to Sprinkles!  We just loved those cupcakes!  They were so good.  You two ate the frosting off of about three cupcakes.  The next day was the wedding which we went to while Zach and Olya tended you all outside the Newport Temple.  It was a really long day and we planned to head back to my grandpa’s after, but decided we wanted another day in Newport because it was so beautiful there.  I cannot tell you how happy I am that we did that.  That day we spent at Newport Beach is now one of my fondest memories I have with my little family of four.  It was simple but a day of perfection.  That morning we went right to the Beach.  It was cold so I was afraid you would hate it.  But then I got thinking…you don’t care to swim anyway…you just love the sand.   And that you did.  We spend a few hours just digging and chasing waves.  I loved it.  SO did Dad.  You kept asking “who’s poopy!?” because of the Sea smell.  It was hilarious.  After Lottie woke, we went for a walk on the Pier which was absolutely beautiful.  The clouds parted and it really warmed up.  By mistake mostly, we found this cute little burger place at the end of the Pier called Ruby’s.  We planned to just get it to go but saw the tables at the base of the pier..with the most amazing Ocean view that we had to stay.  IT was just wonderful.  As we were eating, a Sea Lion came up and begged the fishermen for food.  We were all so AMAZED and got to watch him for a very long time.  Be would beg for food and catch pieces effortlessly.  After that we chased Seagulls on the pier and watched the people fish.  Lottie you’ve become such a great walker that you tried running all over the Pier chasing birds.  Gave me a heart attack!!  We collected some sand to keep. I just loved out time there and wouldn’t have traded it for anything. I want to go back next year.  Once we couldn’t put it off any longer, we headed to Valencia and met up with my family and spent that night there before heading home.   

276275274272270268266264262261260259258257256252251249248247246244243242240238237235234233231229286290284283279302301300299298297296295294293292291343342341340338336335333332330329327324323322321320319318317316313310308307305304303366364363361359358357356351350349348346345

No comments:

Post a Comment