Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pour, Squirt & Dump

Since we started doing our PLAY activities, I’ve been collecting every empty bottle I can find.  I wasn’t sure why…it just seemed like I never had an empty bottle when we needed one.  The result was a giant trash bag full of all sorts of bottles.  Naturally, we needed to do some dumping, pouring and squirting activities because they are your (Lyla) very favorite.  We had planned to do this outside but the wind kept knowing all the bottles over (we’ve had the worst wind this Spring/Early Summer), so we improvised.  Lottie, I thought you’d like to dump too, but I should have known better.  You have your dad’s brain.  You didn’t want to dump…you wanted to take various lids on and off and see how they could fit on different openings!  Sometimes I think this is the making of an engineer.  You’re so brilliant in ways different that Lyla’s brilliance.  It’s such a pleasure watching you teach yourself.  You also enjoyed some good ole’ fashion mess making and splashed about.  Lyla, this was in your element.  We talked about all the different colored water as you poured it into the mix of colors the the bathtub floor.  You didn’t rest until every bottle was emptied.  And of course we refilled them repeatedly.  It was a great, clean fun way to spend our morning!

604603602601600599598597596595594593592591590

No comments:

Post a Comment