Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dinosaur Eggs

 

Dear Lyla, one day you and I went outside during Lottie’s nap and collected a bowl full of sand and a bowl full of dirt.  Then, when you weren’t looking, I snuck baby dinosaurs into them and let them out to dry for almost two weeks.  You got a package of dinousaurs from your grandma and have really loved playing with them, so I knew this would be a very fun activity.  When the eggs were finally firm, I set out the below invitation.  At first you were just interested in the baster and water but then became inquisitive of the foreign dirt balls.  I said “Lyla I think there might be something in them!” and that was enough for you to get after them.  You grabbed the hammer and went to town hitting them.  I was surprised at how much work it took to get them open.  As soon as enough dirt fell away revealing the colored animal you got so animated and work diligently to free it.  You proclaimed, “a dinosaur!”.  From there you you didn’t rest until every dinosaur was free.  You would said “a baby one!” or “a big daddy!”.   After that you said you were going to give each of them a bath in the water.  You also stuffed on into the hole of the baster and said you were taking it to the moon!  LOL

419418416415414413405404403402401400398396395394392391390389388387386310

No comments:

Post a Comment