Monday, July 23, 2012

12 months, 31 months

My Beautiful Brown Eyed Girl, part of me feels like you’ve been with use forever.  The other part of me feels like it was just yesterday that the doctor laid your gooey little body on my chest.  What a pleasure this last year has been.  I consider myself the luckiest mom in the world to have you a part of our family.  It’s remarkable to note your change and development in the last year.  Everything seems to come easy for you; walking, talking, eating, and learning about the world.  You are such a cute little stink I can’t help but to smile when I see your little booty shaking as you jog-walk from place to place.  I just love your half little smile, the way your hair wisps over your ears, your whine face, and the way you stick out your lower lip when you’re pouting for something.   It’s so fun to watch you get excited over something and go “oh!”.  You’re still so well natured and loving.  Lately you’ve been giving soft little hugs rubs.  Just nothing like it babe.  I look forward watching you grow and develop as time goes on.  I know you’ll live such a rich life full of love.  I know you’ll love and be loved.  I want you to know that you’re good enough.  That you’re smart.  That you’re beautiful.  I want you to know you can do anything.  I love you so much.  Thanks for this last year.

-You have discovered a love for ice cream!  I’m not sure how you get any in your mouth because it seems like it only ends up on your face, but you look so happy eating it

-You say “un uh” when you don’t want something or you’re mad about something.  It’s hilarious

-You rock the sippy cup like nobodies business these days.  it’s so impressive

-You love ducks and the “Three Little Ducks” song and quack along now.  It’s a great little quack!

-You love putting lids on things. It can entertain you for a long time. You get indignant when lids aren’t where they’re supposed to be and won’t rest until it’s rectified. You’re so smart babe!

-You sing the “Hot Dog” song on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You don’t say any decipherable words but squawk to the correct beat. It’s so cute because you get so excited whenever we turn on Mickey and point and start squawking. You say Mickey with the same squawk when you find one of your beloved Mickey or Minnie stuffed animals.

-You have an agro side to you no doubt. When you get mad about something you try to scratch my face! I suppose you learned this survival skill from your sister’s loving care. LOL

-You are NOT a fan of getting dressed and will run from me when you know I’m going to get you. LOL

-You motor boat me on a regular basis. You’re a little possessive of the girls

-You know monkey and say “moooonnn” and scratching your pits

-You love climbing into chairs and sit there so please with yourself. You insist on dragging the little Minnie camp chair all over the house

-You know where the DVD’s go (which is impressive more because we almost never watch movies). You’ll grab one off the shelf and try to cram it in the DVD player (we’ve since had to readjust a few things J

-You say book now and will drag books to me to read. Too bad you don’t actually want to read them for very long. You are getting better though. You’ll sit and look at the pictures for two seconds J

-You also say “milk” or “mmmaaa”! You beg for it but have zero interest in drinking them

-We got this little package of these rubbery bunnies around Easter time. They are kind of like those sticky hand things. Anyway, you’re scared of them! It’s the funniest thing ever. I’ll hand you one and your flinch and then run away and squeal. If you see one on the floor you’ll yell and point at it like It’s a snake about to bite you!

-You LOVE going on walks. You climb into the stroller anytime we go out into the garage.

-You come to me for kisses whenever you get hurt. I love that

-Anytime you eat something you INSIST on having one for both hands. You’re offended by one single serving. It CRACKS me up.

-You love to play and are very good about entertaining yourself. The only issue is that you will only play if I’m sitting there watching you. If I ever flinch to get up you get disgusted and starting running! You follow me everywhere

-With delight I’ve discovered that you have your dad’s brain. I don’t know how I can already know this because you’re so young but you do. It’s so interest to see the difference between you and Lyla. You love the shape sorter and figuring out how things work. You’ll sit and look at things until you figure ti out. Lyla hated the shape sorter and would get so mad at it.

-You are a girly girl already. I’m sure your girly big sis facilitated that. You love walking around wearing purses and sunglasses

-You’ve discovered the magic of the flushing toilet! You get such pride out of making it flush

-You also go potty on the little potty and then clap for yourself.

-You’re very verbal without ever saying anything. Somehow you say just want you want and need by grunting, squawking and pointing. It’s pretty remarkable

Dear Lyla girl. You’re 31 months! That’s a lot of months my babe. It’s also a lot of laughs, a lot of love, and a lot of smiles. I always say this but you bring so much joy and light to every single day. You are such a well-natured little thing. You’re always game to do anything and get so excited by life. You love to play, learn and get outside. You love your friends and family. Most of all, you love your family. You have become the sweetest big sister who looks out for Lottie at every turn. You two have really grown into friends. You say “hi bugey” to her when she first wakes up from her nap, and want her to come play with you. It used to be that when Lottie was bugging you, you would ask me to put her down for a nap. Now, you ask me not to put her to bed. It does my heart good. It’s so hard to think of you growing up because you are the sweetest and most fun little gal. I always want to remember the way you run with your elbows high in the air, your white curly hair, your bright blue eyes, and addictive little giggle. My little buddy. Thanks for bringing so much happiness into my life.

-You have learned all your shapes. Even hard shapes like diamond and octagon

-You have a few books memorized and will read them to me. I’m shocked almost every day by your memory. You can literally recite “The Very Hungary Caterpillar” and “Giraffes Can’t Dance”. I’ve tried to get you on video reading them but whenever I try to get all shy and won’t read it. I so wish I could because it’s the cutest thing ever

-You will say “shhh be quiet!” to Lottie when she’s whining. It cracks me up

-You’re very much into me telling you stories at bedtime. You love Princesses right now too. I tell you about 10 stories before bed each night. The other night you wanted to tell my a story and this is how it went “once upon a time there was a beautiful little girl names Lyla. She went to the Beach! And got a baby cokey” Soooooo sweet.

-I think you’ve had a growth spurt this last little while because you’ve been EATING me out of house and home!

-You love ice cream and ask to go get some nearly every day. It cracks me up

-We have a new van! You LOVE it. For the first few weeks you would ask to go for a ride in the new car and would proclaim “I love my new car!”. Oh how things will change in a few years

-Your memory is remarkable like I said earlier. Like the other day I asked if you wanted your pink pillow and you said “does it have barf on it?”. You had barfed on it probably two months ago. You remember EVERY promise I make you and keep me honest J

-You are so tender hearted. If Dad or I get mad, you cry instantly and look so offended. We try so hard to keep it intact simply because we would hate to hurt your precious little heart

-Your 2nd favorite show (next to Mickey) is Little Einstein’s. You will call us characters from the book. I’m usually Quincy, you’re Annie, Dad is Leo, and Charlotte is June.

-You’re sooo independent. You have to do everything. Like climb in your carseat. It’s always “Let my do it!”. (still figuring out correct pronouns)

-We’ve started using conditioner on your beautiful curlys. You now ask for the soft soap J

-You’ve figured out when I’m going to work because it wear make-up and get dressed. LOL. Guess I should get ready more often. It breaks my heart though because you get nervous and say “you go to work Mommy?”

823822821820819818817816815814813812811810809513512511509508507506505503502500498497476475474472471470469468838837835834833832831830829304303302301300299298297296295294293292291290289288287286285284283282281280278277276275274269268266263262261260258256255253252466462460459457454452451441440439438437434432431430429427426424423422385344343342251217216215213212210207199198194192191188186184183181157155152151150149148147146143142054052051025023020017016014013012010009007247246243242241240238237230229228226225224223

No comments:

Post a Comment