Monday, April 2, 2012

9 months, 28 months

Dear Char, you’re getting so big so fast.   Why am I always so blindsided by your development?!  It’s remarkable.  You grow everyday into the most beautiful little thing with your big brown eyes and almost auburn hair.  As lovable as you are, this month has been a challenged like the last two.  Sorry.  I love you so much so it’s okay babe.  But oh man you’ve been a baracoota.  I think it’s been the perfect storm of teething, milk allergy rearing it’s ugly head, and then maybe bad sleep habits that formed out of me coddling you during the teething phase (which is a bummer because prior to that you had great sleep habits).  So basically you cry a lot.  And don’t sleep too much.  At least twice a week we have nights where the only sleep I get all night is when I give in and turn on some white noise and let you cry while I sleep for about 45 minutes.  Other nights you wake up every half hour all night.  You just cry bloody murder.  It makes me feel sooooo bad and helpless.  Tylenol doesn’t seem to help.  I know that this isn’t my sweet-tempered baby.  I know you’re struggling and in pain and I hope soooo badly that this phase ends soon.  In the meantime, I do my best to love you and comfort you.  You still do that cutest little things that catch me by surprise and feel me full of so much love and joy….like your deep belly laugh when we blow raspberries on your tummy…your drunken little Frankenstein walk…..and that sweetest most adorable half grin.  I love mornings because we get to spend some time alone together before Lyla wakes up.  It’s nice bonding time.  The world is brighter with you in it little one.  Ahhh I love you.  What a sweetie.

-You’re such a little mimicker.  Like when we blow raspberries, you’ll follow suit.  You’re such a silly cutie girl

-You’ve got 6 teeth and went to the dentist!  Mostly because Lyla was but they said you had a lot of teeth for your age

-You love scooping up water in the tub and trying to drink it, or tip it over the side of the tub.  I think that’s pretty awesome motor skills!

-Speaking of water.  You’re like a cat when it comes to our water.  If it’s anywhere in your reach you bolt for it and tip it over

-You’re getting more and more sturdy on your feet and can walk along things really well.  You took your first step on 02/10 and dad got to see it on skpye!

-You’re starting to get jealous of Lyla!  It’s so funny and cute.  If Lyla hopes on my lap too you stake your claim and push her hand away. 

-Your sister has you way out pooped but you’re starting to poop more

-You are my awesome little eater still.  I have yet to find something you won’t eat and you definitely out eat your sis.  It’s so nice for a change.  You’re down to nursing only 4 times a day (and all freaking night!) and just eating solids the rest of the time

-You LOVE Lyla’s piano it’s hilarious and so cute.  You want to play it all day and totally push Lyla’s hand off it.  You’ll bob your head and jam.  It’s so cute

-You say “uh oh!” and it’s so cute.  You also know the meaning of it because you’ll say it if you drop something or if something falls

-You’re still my needy girl.  You want to be held if I’m doing something or otherwise you want to be down crawling around but with me only a short distance from you.  It’s so funny because you’ll squirm to get down because you’re such a busy body but then you’ll get ticked if I get up to go do something.  You also get ticked if I set you down without you wanting to get down!  Diva I swear.  I can set you down and you’ll throw a bit fit but if one second later I sit down with you on my lap, you will inevitable want to get down and will squirm free.  You silly girl.  I cart you everywhere.  I swear I can do anything one handed thanks to this

-   You love the song “3 Little Ducks” and giggle and clap when the daddy duck calls his chicks

-    You give the most adorable bear hug to any stuffed animals you come across.  The instant you grab it you give it the sweetest squeeze

-You LOVE bubbles and will chase them forever

-You’re also big into unloading things.  A basket full of clothes is a big fav right now

-You’re awesome with the little push walker we have.  You can push that baby all over the house

-You had your first cold.  IT was brutal.  You had a bad fever and such a stuffy nose.  It just broke my heart.  You could not sleep for anything (not that you do anyway)

-You’re doing the doggy shedding thing, where your hair is two-toned because it is growing in BLONDE!  It’s so cute.  I bet you’ll be blonde in no time

-I love when you raise your arms to be held.  It’s so cute

-You wave bye bye

-You say mama mama mama a lot.  It melts my heart

-I thought your milk allergy was completely gone because you had eaten a few things with dairy in it and shown no problems, but then one day blood showed back up in your poop

-You suck through a straw and do it dang good!

-Now if we give you a toy you don’t want or something you will chuck it defiantly!  LOL

-You love the play car and can entertain yourself for up to an hour just climbing in and out of it

-You occasionally push Lyla to stake your claim

-You’ve got mad rhythm and bounce anytime you hear music

Dear Lyla, I can’t believe what an amazing little girl you’ve grown in to.  One minute you were my sweet little newborn and then next you were talking in circles, questioning the world around you, and living with such zeal for the world.  I You’re picking up on things so quickly now.  I regularly ask myself where in the world you learned that or how you remembered something.  You can generalize knowledge so easily now.  Like you can see a picture of a real lion in the wilderness or a random cartoon image of one and know they're the same thing.  I’m so impressed by you.   Lately you’ve been looking so big and mature.  You’re still the ittiest bittiest thing (barely wearing 18-24 month clothes) but you look so big.  We do your hair in full piggies (not just devil piggies) now and it makes you look so big.  It cracks my heart a tiny bit each time I glance at you and see the more mature child that’s replaced that little baby.  The other day dad put on a little backpack on you and I instantly started crying big crocodile tears.  You just looked SO big.  Ahhh you’re so beautiful too.  Your hair hasn’t darkened one shade from platinum blonde.  You even say “my hair is white!”.  I feel so lucky to get to be a part of it.  What a joyful and spirited little thing you are.  I am so impressed by you everyday.  It’s like I was walking around the world with dirty lenses and you came along and spit-shined them!  Every thing is so new and exciting and worth questioning and being in awe of.  

-You’re imaginative play continues to develop and impress me.  I’m always in awe at the way you see things; with wonder and limitless boundaries

-You are the sweetest big sister and always seem to be looking out for Lottie.  You encourage her now by saying things like “good walking Char”.  It makes me so proud

-You call big things, like a big poop or a big ball the “big daddy!”  It’s so funny.  Anything that stands out as big you’ll say “whoa it’s a big daddy!”

-Lately you ask “is that mine"?” to everything.  You’re very into ownership and everything belongs to someone.  You’ll either say “that’s mommies, “that’s Lottie’s” or “that’s mine!”.

-You jabber to yourself now or when you pretend to talk on the phone.  It’s so cute.  You just jabber away and then say “k bye!”.

-You’re big into paper dolls lately.  We have a magnetic one that you just love to dress from head to toe and then say “awe cute!”. 

-You have such a sweet dispensation.  You share pretty good these day.  I’m very impressed by it.  You also show love and affection all the time.  You say “lub ewe” and give hugs and kisses.  It makes me feel so loved. 

-I love watching you play.  The things you come up with impressed and surprise me so often.  The other day we let you bath in the kitchen sink (at your request) and your jungle animals joined you.  There were a few cups in there too.  Pretty soon you had gathered the animals into a circle on the counter and had given them each a cup of water to drink from.  Such awesome imagination.

-One day we were playing with your light box in the laundry room and you have very meticulously laid out all the colored paddles and letters and such.  Then godzilla Lottie came a long and knocked them off.  You were pretty patient.  By the 3rd time you said nothing to her but looked at me and said “mom, Lottie needs a nap”.  HAHAHA.  I love you babe

-You definitely learned the shape of a heart this month and picked them out everywhere we went

-Almost every morning I will say “guess what?  We are going to ________ today”.   It’s so funny because you will gasps before I say what we’re doing.  So it’ll go “guess what?”  GASP, then I’ll fill you in.  LOL

-You can pretty much count to 10

-You remember concepts you’ve learned.  Like spacial reasoning and buoyancy, etc.  It’s impressive

-You know some shapes like circle and triangle

-You are so polite and often say “excuse me Char” and “bless you Char”

-You know quite a bit of songs now and can sing them.  I love it.  the other day in the bath you started singing “Open Shut Them” and we’ve really only sand that a few times in music, but you knew the whole thing. 

-You look out for Char in public and will make sure no one plows her over.  SO sweet

-you LOVE your daddy.  I mean LOVE.  You get so excited when he walks in the front door from being gone.  You also tell him you love him every night.  I love this sweet relationship

-All spiders these days are called bitsy spiders.  It’s the cutest thing ever

-You tell my I look “dorable”  LOL

-You’re big into polka dots at the moment and want to only wear them.  You also point them out all the time. 

396

397400401405408409411417422424350352360361365369370371372374375379382389393396397403404407408409412413433451460468

003006008018022052054056257258265

No comments:

Post a Comment